


On July 20th, Mack Daddy learned how to ride his bike without training wheels! We were so proud of him. To give you some background....Most of the neighbor kids are older than Mack so he has been wanting to hang with the "big boys" for awhile now so he has been taking the training wheels off himself for about 2 mths now! He has attempted but each time he's tried but would get scared, so we'd put them back on. Anyhoo, this past Sunday, they were taken off and within minutes, he was OFF! It was so cute, you could tell how proud he was of himself. Chris and I were of course thinkin that was pretty sweet too.....UNTIL.......later that evening I am in the back/side yard watering our landscaping/Chris ran to Jesup to get some things for detasseling and take Brian's saw back to him when I hear my neighbor, Ron, yelling my name. I could not hear him right away because the sprinkler was quite loud. As they got closer, I hear Mack bawling and he is laid out in Ron's arms with blood completely covering his face. I didn't know what was wrong and where with all the blood everywhere. I took him inside, tried to calm him and immediately called Chris to see if he was close. He was thankfully so I cleaned Mack up and put dry clothes on (they were swimming in the pool)and calmed him down finally so he stopped crying. After cleaning the blood off, he ended up having a huge gash on his forehead, fat lip and scrape on his nose but I knew that we were going to need to take him in to the ER. As soon as Chris got home, we were out the door to the Independence ER. We got there and as I am giving them our info, Mack and Chris were shown the room and immediately I hear Mack crying (he had done so well until then) and when I got to the room he says to me "I...don't....want....to....sit...on ...that...white...bed, Mom!..." We told him he didn't have to and wow, immediately he was all better! Anyhoo, the nurse and doc came in and decided that they thought he could get away with glueing it shut. Thank god, don't know if I could handle the stitches...it was worse for me, I think! It was a 4cm gash and within a few minutes they glued it and we were off to Dairy Queen.....that is where Mack wanted to go. Funny, huh!? As you can see, he is now in great spirits (his goofy personality was not injured!) and wanted to get back on his bike that next night but we said NO!....not until his forehead heals at least and we wrap a few rolls of Charmin around him and a helmet! LOL!
2 comments:
Oh no, poor Mackster. Ice cream seems to be a great problem solver, doesn't it? It's great that you ran the 5k less, you go girl. Keep up the good work.
Love ya!
Ali
Ok, I meant Les not Less! I've been staring at my computer for way tooooo long!
Post a Comment