Well I was convinced that I could run in a 5K after I ran at home in Maq with my sister-in-law, Traci when I ran 2.6 or 2.8 miles with her. G'ville Days this past weekend was the one 5K (3.2 miles)I was willing to try and I wanted the challenge. So I showed up down at Don Bosco (start of the race and registration) at 7:30am on July 19th, paid my money and strapped on my running shoes! My goal was to run the whole way and finish.....you must all know that I am not a runner! I do kickboxing but running is not something I do nor enjoy. I did it...here is my runner #r just for proof! I finished 25th out of 55 runners in 30 min and 40 some seconds. I completed my goal...I ran the whole way and actually think I would do one again. It wasn't that bad. Towards the end though, I did start to get chilled so I was glad the end was near.
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Lesley's 5K Debut at G'ville Days
Well I was convinced that I could run in a 5K after I ran at home in Maq with my sister-in-law, Traci when I ran 2.6 or 2.8 miles with her. G'ville Days this past weekend was the one 5K (3.2 miles)I was willing to try and I wanted the challenge. So I showed up down at Don Bosco (start of the race and registration) at 7:30am on July 19th, paid my money and strapped on my running shoes! My goal was to run the whole way and finish.....you must all know that I am not a runner! I do kickboxing but running is not something I do nor enjoy. I did it...here is my runner #r just for proof! I finished 25th out of 55 runners in 30 min and 40 some seconds. I completed my goal...I ran the whole way and actually think I would do one again. It wasn't that bad. Towards the end though, I did start to get chilled so I was glad the end was near.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment