

Well today was interesting, we had to go back to the Independence ER again today. Mom stopped by on her way up to watch Avery play in his ALL-star game in Minneapolis and asked Mack if he wanted to show her how he rode his bike without training wheels. He, of course was game and strapped his helmet, elbow and knee pads on and down the drive way he started. He had a hard time getting his balance so left one foot down, once he got his balance he lifted his leg to the pedal but moved his handle bars back n forth too quickly and went down...face first! He immediately started screaming, I ran to pick him up and he had blood gushing from his forehead again....it was deja-vu from last Sunday. He had a bandaid on it so I wanted to try and get it off to assess the damage. After mom and I calmed him down and cleaned him up we were able to get it off without him really noticing. Almost losing "my cookies", I knew we were headed back to the ER. He had a little hole in his forehead the size of a pea. I literally got sick to my stomach, sweaty and had to sat down it was so nasty. Poor Mack! Good thing my mom was there because I am pretty sure I would have passed out if I hadn't sat down. Later at the ER, good news, bad news....they were able re-glue (Dermabond) his forehead and not stitch it, his cut had shrunk from last week, now 2.5 cm from 4 cm. Bad news...the doc thought it would leave a scar on his cute lil face:( I guess his modeling career is over....JUST KIDDING!!! He is doing well and as you can see by the pics the nurse and doc cheered him up by giving him the same blue gloves as the doc used (so he wasn't scared of them) and 4 stickers- CARS Mater, Sally, Scooby-Doo and smiley faces. We try not to go for a 3-peat!!
No comments:
Post a Comment